To enhance the relationship with One Child Matters centers in La Ceiba, Honduras. Jesus is all about relationships and our mission trips are all about relationships.
We exist to bring hope, truth, life, love and mercy to children living in poverty around the world.
We help to equip children living in poverty to reach their God given potential by creating opportunities for transformational development: spirit, mind and body.
Our Core Values
- Child Centered
- The Power of One
One Child Matters
To sponsor a child click the button below
Missions/One Child Matters
SouthPoint Church has a heart for global missions and we believe in short term mission trips. We pray way before you thought about signing up about the exact people God would lead to follow into each trip. Be in prayer with SouthPoint so you will hear the voice of God about this monumental step in your personal ministry.
Next Trip: June 25 - July 1, 2018 (La Ceiba, Honduras)
Today - If you know you are going, pay the $100 deposit today to reserve your spot. 12 spots available and the trip is filling up fast.
- What do I pay for when on the trip? It is an all-inclusive trip. Therefore, basically once you reach the airport you are not responsible for any expenses. But if you wish to buy souvenirs or personal items that would be on your own.
- Are there any age restrictions? Yes. Anyone under the age of 21, when they pay the $100 deposit to reserve their space, must also have a parent going with them and sign up at the same time.
- Do I need a passport? Yes. We cannot accept your deposit, to reserve your spot, unless you have a passport at that time.
- I heard it is dangerous there, how safe will I be? Once you sign up you will be receiving a lot of information as well as info meetings prior to departure.
- What will we be doing while we are there? Many things…VBS, light construction, leadership workshop, leading church services, playing with the children, praying over them….and a lot more!
- Are there any fund raising you suggest? Yes. We will be selling Corky’s BBQ Boston Butts and Corky’s BBQ Sauce. Details on this fund raiser will be shared once the pre trip meetings are taking place with those that are going on the trip.
- Do I have to have a child sponsored in Honduras in order to go? No. If you do not have a child sponsored, and would like to sponsor, please contact Dale Cross 901.210.3536. By all means, go on the trip even if you are not sponsoring a child.
- What do I pack? What’s the weather like there? How do I exchange money? Is there any free time? What is the schedule? What’s the food like? All these questions, and many more, will be answered once you have secured a spot on the trip.
If you are interested in being a part of the Missions Team, click here.
Dale Cross - Mission Pastor